Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gay's Days, September 7, 2014

 
I love church steeples, don't you.  Here are two that caught my attention.
 
 

This one is new by modern day standards                        
 
 
                                                        
 
This one is old as in days of yesteryear
 
 
Which one do you like best?  In earlier times, a church steeple was usually the tallest element in the village or town. The idea was for people to be able to find the church, and the steeple pointed the way to God.

We had a lovely service this morning.  My hubby is preaching a series of sermons from 2 Corinthians, and I began a study in Hebrews for my Bible study class.

After church, we ate Mexican food, one of my favorite selections, and now I'm more than ready for a nap.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas